Translate

Saturday, November 23, 2013

A Thankful Centerpiece

A vintage piece and a bit of  fluff makes for a great  seasonal centerpiece

My dear friend and neighbor had this cradle sitting at her curb one afternoon.  Curious, I stopped to ask her about it.  She told me she was throwing it away and that I could take it if I wanted it.  It was her grandmother's cradle but the bottom was completely broken out and one of the corners had chipped off.  She was tired of seeing it lie around her house anymore.  She used it for magazines, for dog toys, etc.  But it had served its purpose for her.  When I told her I would like it to make a centerpiece for my table she was thrilled that it would be taken and used and appreciated by a friend.  Using some things I found around the house, this is what I cam up with!  The canning jar is filled with long grain rice and a votive.  The Pumpkin and gourds are fake, as well as the berry garland.  But my daughter and I collected some pine cones and acorns to throw in.  Christmas is just around the corner and we will be redecorating soon.  Glad we had the opportunity to enjoy and appreciate this vintage piece over the last few weeks.  

No comments:

Post a Comment