Translate

Sunday, November 24, 2013

Thrifted and Repurposed Window Treatment

Took me a long time to figure out what window treatment I wanted to do above my kitchen sink.  No matter what store or website I looked on, nothing seemed to suit my interest.  Then one afternoon, while visiting a local thrift store, I found this fabric...actually already made into cafe curtains.  It looks like burlap but in a linen blend.  Perfect! 


I brought it home and paired it up with some pallet wood slats (from another project) and used it to make this valance.  The words are just something I printed out in super huge font, meticulously cut out and glued to the front board.  The fabric was cut and measured and stapled to the back of the wood pieces. 


I had some left over fabric and decided to use it to make storage cubes out of some left over cardboard boxes that help drinking glasses I had purchased. A little bit of spray adhesive and...wah-lah!


No comments:

Post a Comment